Saturday, July 18, 2009

Two posts for the price of one!!!

Aren't you all just the luckiest people of all!! Now that I am blogging, I may not stop!!! :)
Here is a quick catch up on my uninteresting life!! I have lived in Logan for just over 2 years now!! I lived with my sister for the summer when I first moved here and now I live in a small mobile home that I bought!! I lived alone for almost a year and then my younger brother John moved in with me. I am attending school at Utah State University where I am working on my Masters of Science degree in Family, Consumer, and Human Development. Crossing my fingers and hoping really hard, I should be graduating December of 2010!!!

Right now, I am unemployed and going crazy!!!!! But I am hoping that my employment situation will change soon!! Despite being unemployed, I have had quite the busy summer! I am doing an Internship at the Child and Family Support Center here in Logan and that has kept me REALLY busy. I also completed training to be a CASA (court appointed special advocate) and now I am working with the juvenile court on a case of child neglect. Also this summer, I have had 2 of my nieces stay with me!! Monica came up and stayed for two weeks!!

She helped me with a project that I had to do. Unfortunately, 2 days after she came up, I came down with a cold so Monica went and stayed with my sister for a week!! After I was feeling better, Monica and I went to the Willow Park zoo here in Logan. Yep, surprise, surprise....Logan has a zoo!!! It is a small zoo with just a few animals, but it was still fun!! When I took Monica back home, I traded nieces' and brought Shannon back with me!! Shannon only stayed four days and she also stayed with my sister for a few of those days. The day before Shannon was to go back home, we also went to the zoo!! Hey, it's free!!!

This was my most favorite exhibit at the zoo!!

We were also lucky enough to see a peacock with it's tail feathers fanned out!!!

In a few weeks I am going camping so stay tuned for more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment