Thursday, October 1, 2009

What do you get when you have 11 kids under the age of 12 and 14 adults!!!


PARTY!!!!!!!!


September 26th, we had a family party for my dad's 67th (un)birthday!!!


There was cake:


And presents:

Since my dad is from Cache Valley, Suzanne had the GREAT idea to go to stores here in Logan and get items that were made specifically in Cache Valley. What a fun time we had going to the different stores!!! As we were leaving the house Suzanne said, "I wish we could find something that had Dr. Pierce's barn on it, (Dr. Pierce's barn is a old barn here in Logan that has been around for years and belongs to my dad's family, it is quite famous for the advertisement on the side of the barn) maybe we can find a postcard." So the first store we went to is a sock store called All About Socks. They sell all kinds of different (you guessed it!!) socks. Anyway, we went in and I turned to my left and saw a rack of socks that said USU Aggies, in the middle of the top row of socks was a tan pair that had Dr. Pierce's barn on them!!! I couldn't believe it. I walked over for closer inspection and just had to laugh. I picked up a pair and turned around to show them to Suzanne. She and I both laughed and could not believe our find!!!

Was Dad excited for the socks???

Probably not as excited as Suzanne and I were to give them to him!!!

Of course no party would be complete without the fabulous food!! There was dutch oven potatoes (who knew lighter fluid could be so much fun!!!) , ham, salads, chips, and of course a LARGE variety of desserts!! Basically, if you went away hungry it was your own fault!! Great job Mom!!!

There was swimming for the little kids:


And the big kids!!!!:


But don't even think about getting Uncle David wet!!!!

As a special treat! Grandpa Greengo and Marge came down to party with us!! I am not sure...but they may not want to come back!!!

The kids also had a treasure hunt and played volleyball (have you ever played volleyball with a three year old?) The adults got to play the 'Number game' where a variety of strange and fun prizes were won by all!!

After the party was done, we were all VERY exhausted and some of us had to take a nap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment